We’re more than a business. We’re a part of the local community where we live, work, and serve.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been building strong relationships, engaging volunteers, and providing financial and in-kind support to organizations, institutions and programs that make a positive impact in our local communities.
Coca-Cola UNITED focuses its philanthropy in key strategic areas: education and youth development; empowerment; the well-being of local communities and stewardship of the environment.
Our more than 60 facilities across the Southeast engage directly and deeply in their respective communities, knowing best the local needs and how to support them.
We give in many ways: through monetary contributions; product and in-kind donations; sponsorship of community-enhancing events; volunteer engagement; and community advocacy.
Our Community Giving Guidelines
Criteria for organizations and initiatives that we MAY support:
- Located within UNITED’s operating areas
- 501(c)(3) IRS tax-exempt organization
- Align with our charitable giving strategies, guidelines and focus areas
- Respond to local community needs
- Provide opportunities for employee engagement
- Encourage collaboration among numerous community stakeholders
We are NOT able to fund or support:
- Family reunions
- Religious beliefs or institutions
- Fraternities and sororities
- Activities that do not align with our giving guidelines
- For-profit organizations
- Political, legislative or lobbying organizations
- Organizations that do not have tax-exempt status (under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code)
It is recommended that requests for monetary donations be made by August for the following calendar year, to meet budgeting timelines.
Requests for in-kind and product donations should be made at least four weeks in advance of the scheduled event.
To apply for a donation, please check the box acknowledging you have read and understand our “Our Community Giving Guidelines”.