On April 23, 1907, Harry C. Brewster, President of Star Bottling Works in Lake Charles, LA, signed a contract with The Coca-Cola Company which led to the opening of the first bottling operations plant in Lake Charles located on Ryan Street.
In 1911, H.C. Brewster sold the exclusive franchise bottling rights to Crawford T. Johnson Srof Birmingham, Alabama, and Alfred B. Freeman who was named President. Lake Charles Coca-Cola moved into a new building on 915 Front Street in 1917, quickly outgrowing that facility and building a new one on 408 Lawrence St. in 1930.
In 1934, Vernon Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Natchitoches, Louisiana, purchased the Lake Charles bottler. Enlarging their footprint, they opened the Lafayette bottling plant in 1948, and the Jennings plant in 1959.
In the 1960’s, Coca-Cola expanded their beverage portfolio to include TAB, Fanta and Sprite. In 1976, Lake Charles purchased the DrPepper Bottling Companywhich allowed DrPepper products to be distributed by a Coca-Cola bottler and continues to be this day.
Paul Croix was named President of Coca-Cola Bottling of Lake Charles in 1966.
In 1984, the Lafayette and Lake Charles franchise territories were purchased by Baton Rouge Coca-Cola Bottling which later became part of Coca-Cola Bottling Company United, Inc., headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Lake Charles Coca-Cola Bottling Company and its 137+ employees are proud of our support of the many civic and charitable organizations serving our communities.