OxfordHistory

In 1903, Coca-Cola was first bottled and sold in the Anniston, Gadsden and Oxford areas by Mr. F. M. Ledbetter.  In 1907, the small bottling plants in Anniston, Gadsden and Talladega, Alabama were purchased by Mr. Charles V. Rainwater and chartered as the Alabama Coca-Cola Bottling Company.

J Henry Edmondson- 1907- 1926 Treasurer and General Manger Alabama Coca-Cola Bottling CO

J. Henry Edmondson (1907- 1926)
Treasurer and General Manager
Alabama Coca-Cola Bottling CO

Early Anniston Coca-Cola

1931

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Danny Cox.Oxford.1985

In the early 1970s, the Alabama Coca-Cola Bottling Company, a division of the Hygeia Coca-Cola Company moved its current location in Oxford, AL.

Today, as a division of Coca-Cola Bottling Company United, Inc., Oxford Coca-Cola and our 140 + employees are proud to serve our customers, consumers, charitable and community organizations in the Calhoun, Cherokee, Clay, Cleburne, Dekalb, Etowah, Randolph, Shelby, St. Clair and Talladega counties.

Ronnie Farr.1985

 

 

returnable bottles.1984