Waycross Coca-Cola was founded by Mr. Whitehead, Mr. Lupton and the Haley family in 1905. The business was located on Francis Street. Mr. L.B. Harrell purchased interest into the business in 1906, and in 1920 became president and sole owner of Waycross Coca-Cola.
With more roads being built, businesses and consumer demands for Coca-Cola were growing. Mr. Harrell recognized the need to expand and in 1957, built a new facility on Nicholls Street which employed 40 people. In 1976, Mr. Oneal Zorn managed Waycross Coca-Cola until 1984when Coca-Cola Consolidated purchased the company.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company United, Inc., headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, purchased Waycross Coca-Cola in 1987.
Today, Waycross Coca-Cola is proud to serve Ware, Pierce, Brantley, Charlton, Bacon, Atkinson and Clinch counties in Southeast Georgia.
Waycross Coca-Cola and its 25+ employees are proud of our continued support of the many civic and charitable organizations serving our communities.